Congested terminals, vessels accumulating in ports, warehouses packed beyond capacity … supply chain deficiencies have always been present during peak season. But over the past few months, we’ve been exposed to more and more difficulties on the import side of the fulfillment process. This week we sat down with Bill Mongelluzzo, Senior Editor at the West Coast Journal of Commerce, for a deep dive into what’s happening, why it’s happening, and what to expect for the future.
- JOC – Journalism of Commerce
- TEU – Twenty-foot equivalent unit
- ILWU – International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- CDL – Commercial driver’s license
- NGOs – Non-governmental organization